You’ve spruced up your living space by adding new accessories and furniture; you glance around and notice that your room’s dated wallpaper is taking the center stage. After realizing this, you decide that removing it is inevitable. Ever tried removing wallpaper? If you haven’t, don’t worry; just follow these simple steps for a toxic-free wallpaper removal process.
Wallpaper Removal Steps
1. Start your project by covering the entire perimeter of the room with drop cloths or plastic.
2. Prep walls by using a wallpaper scorer in a circular motion to make small indentations.
3. Mix lukewarm water with your fabric softener of choice at a concentration of one to one.
4. Spray sections of wallpaper with solution and let it soak for a few minutes.
Note: Spray as much solution as you can easily strip in 15-minute intervals.
5. Begin stripping wallpaper by grabbing one of the bottom corners and pull upward. Use a wide putty knife of your choice to facilitate the process. Repeat procedure until all the wallpaper is removed.
6. Remove all traces of wallpaper and adhesive by cleaning walls with a solution of hot water and a tablespoon of dish detergent. Do a final run through by cleaning walls with clean water.
And there you have it, a simple wallpaper removal process!
Don’t forget to let us know how your home improvement projects are going by leaving a comment or posting a picture below.
Source: DIY Network